Tuesday, December 23, 2008

waist band

Many people have been asking what does the writing say inside of our jeans waist band. It's a poem written in January 07 and it reads as follows.
“Global, United, Local, Country, States, his is calm patient, a mighty whisper, it speaks of hope, its face many colors-Change. His challenges are insurmountable, the fate of a nation, of a world is held in his hands-Change. In his eyes I see hope, I see a betterment for my seed and yours, for our mother earth-Change.” The poem is embroidered inside several of our styles, its just another example of how we are very attentive to detail. It also gives us a change to help express our creative side, and give our customers and opportunity to do the same.

2 comments:

CapCity said...

At Tysen Maxwell's request - I present one of my poems:-). Please enjoy!


~ Be knot a frayed ~

I sort through old, whole suitors.

Salvaging the great scraps, I toss the rest into a heap behind me.
The colors, hues, and varied textures bring tears of joy and pain while I reminisce on the memories of how I wore each one.

Fabrics frayed, care labels worn thin and often ignored.
I search through my spools of wisdom, prayers and holy texts for the right threads to peace it all together.

God has a purpose for this full closet and ragged me.
Retrospective studies sort through caresses, detect sincere words, hesitant gazes, bold statements, tones used to mask sensitive nerves and egos, and unravel errors in judgment.

Slowly, carefully, thimbles and cautionary tools are gathered in preparation for this new love quilt that is stitched by times' efforts of pushing through thick layers of belief patterns.


C.A. Paige©April 2007

CapCity said...

I love the concept that your designs are poetry in motion! :-) Thanx 4 the request of my poetry here on your blog.